In an age of fear


Image credit @catholicgent 



Don’t spend your energies
on things that generate worry,
anxiety and anguish.
Only one thing is necessary;
Lift up your spirit and love God.
Saint Padre Pio



Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things pass away;
God never changes.
He who has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices
Saint Teresa of Avila



If you believe with all sincerity that nothing can happen
to you except by Gods will and if you have no desire
than to be actively doing Gods will,
it’s self evident that no matter what happens to you,
you will always have what you desire.
Fr. Lorenzo Scupoli



If you embrace all things
that happen to you in this life
as coming from the hand of God
and even embrace death to fulfil His holy will
Assuredly  you will die a Saint.
Saint Alphonsus Liguori 



Anxiety is a temptation in itself
and also the source from and by which
other temptations come.
Therefore, above all else calm and compose
your mind. Gently and quietly pursue your aim.
Saint Frances de Sales



Anxiety is the greatest evil
that can befall a soul, except sin.
God commands you to pray
but He forbids you to worry.
Saint Frances de Sales



Saints are people who belong fully to God.
They are not afraid of being
mocked, humiliated or marginalised.
Pope Francis




Philippians 4:4-8

Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.





Psalm 23 

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:  yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 






Comments

Popular Posts