On Peace and Surrender - Sister Emmanuelle Maillard



Since watching this video I have been more aware of what parts of my life are surrendered to Jesus and what parts of my life I hold back.
It's true. Those parts of my life that are surrendered to God are places of peace for me even if their outcomes are not as I would have originally wished them to be.
The parts of my life that cause the most stress or anxiety, suffering or pain are the parts I try to wrestle control of. They are the hardest parts to surrender of course. But just, being aware of my struggles can also be something I surrender to God in trust. Humility grows from struggle. Knowing I can't surrender to the good in my own strength, but only by the grace of God is humbling.
Yet, every day, I can pray to surrender more and more of myself and my life into God's hands. To seek first His Kingdom, and sit at His feet in complete abandonment and trust.

Comments

Popular Posts