Give us this day our daily bread - When you can only go one day at a time

.




When I was in labour, the only way I could get through the pain was to take each moment as it came. Whenever I started to contemplate how long the labour might take or how much more painful it might get I began to lose focus and the emotions, fear and pain became overwhelming. 


Jesus says don’t worry about tomorrow. He says each day has enough trouble of it’s own. He says consider the lilies who do not toil nor spin but are clothed in greater beauty than Solomon.

He says, give us this day our daily bread.


When the Israelites wandered in the wilderness on their way to the promised land they were given just enough manna ( bread of heaven) for each day.


When they begged for meat and the quails (the bread of the world) came by the thousands and they ate, they became sick and their strength failed.


 I am that bread from heaven! Everyone who eats it will live forever. - John 6:51


But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

-John 4:14



Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar
and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart.

- Psalm 5


His mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
-Lamentations 3:23






Comments

Popular Posts