Seek First - what is the most important thing?


Not the most aesthetically pleasing page in my journal, but I’ve come to understand it’s not about the result but the process. It’s not about the outside but the inside.

.

It’s about cleaning the inside of the cup not the outside so it can be filled with fresh water. It’s about taking a long, cool drink not little sips here and there. It’s about being fully refreshed and restored. It’s about trusting that if I make this ( time with God)  a priority and put this first I can trust that He will provide everything else that I need.

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. - Matthew 6:33

.

The hardest part of feeding the baby bunny ( see story highlights) is getting him to stay still enough for long enough to get enough food. 

.

I can learn from this too. I also need to put first things first. In a desert, you have to drink regularly to stay hydrated. In the same way, in busy, overwhelming or difficult seasons I need to learn to sit still for long enough to get the sustenance I need. The more need, the more water.

.

Then the Lord said to Moses, “I will rain down bread from heaven(G) for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day.


‘but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Come to me,all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Comments

Popular Posts