Seeing all through Jesus

 

Alpha and Omega - Greg Olsen


LORD JESUS

If I love Thee my soul shall seek Thee,

And when I find Thee there is no wrath to devour me,

but only sweet love.


Thou dost stand as a rock between the scorching sun

and my soul,

and I live under the cool lee- side as one elect.


When my mind acts without Thee

It spins nothing but deceit and delusion.

When my affections act without Thee

nothing is seen but dead works.


Let me see that the truest revelation of Thyself

Is when Thou dost eclipse all my personal glory 

and all the honour, pleasure and good 

of this world.

The son breaks out in glory

when He shows himself as one who outshines

all creation,

makes men poor in spirit,

and helps them to find their good in Him.


Grant that I may distrust myself, to see

my all in Thee.


- From The Valley of Vision


Comments

Popular Posts