Sharing some of my work


 

Hi, I hope you are all enjoying a beautiful Saturday morning. I felt prompted to share some of my writings today. I hope you don’t mind. I have a link list to these publications at the bottom of my page but I thought I would write a post about them too. So here it is :)

Last year I wrote a story called The Way Home. It was the just the start of lockdown and the story came to me while I was praying. It literally came out in one burst. I wrote it longhand into a small notebook and then typed it up and posted it on the blog. My daughter is currently working on some drawings to illustrate a print copy of the story which I hope will be released in the Autumn. Until then, here it is on my blog.

During lent this year I felt called to give up all screens. I thought this would be a really difficult task, however, I believe that God provides Grace enough for all the places He calls us. In the end, I hardly struggled at all without screens for the whole 40 days. During this time, I began to write a story. The story, once again flowed out in little streams. Every day I’d write a little more. It was as if the story already existed, I only had to write it. I published the story on kindle available here, and a print copy, available here.

When my children were little I had a similar experience when writing a series of devotions. The devotions were originally written almost like journal entries or post it notes to myself which I intended to publish on my very first blogspot blog ‘sailing by starlight’. I ended up publishing them in book form which is available here, and later added part of my testimony to a second edition, which is available here.

The last writings I’ll share I usually re- publish at advent. They were written by my daughter Emmanuelle and I and were read as part of our churches advent readings one year. I am hoping, God willing, to publish them in print form with illustrations at some point in the future. They are available here.

Finally, I thought I’d share my YouTube channel. It’s just a way to be a bit more personable. I’m hoping to put together a few more films with scripture and music as time allows.

Sending love to all who read this blog.




Comments

Popular Posts