Spiritual Warfare in times of Difficulty

 

In the Shadow of Your Wings - Daniel Gerhartz


The following is taken from my notebooks and journals while I was going through some difficult times both spiritually, emotionally and physically. I pray they may be of some use to someone.


What is God teaching me during this desert season?





"But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold." - Job 23:10


  • To work for God's Glory, not my own. To not make the work of my hands "Children of Pride." - Job 41

  • To not be afraid of difficulty or discomfort. TRUST THAT THE LORD IS SOVREIGN. What the enemy intends for harm. God will use for good.  

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. - Romans 8:28

  • To not turn to google for help but rather  the arms of my Father in prayer.

  • We need regular water in the desert. Jesus is the source of true manna, true bread and living water.

  • To be discerning in what I watch, listen to and read. 

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8


  • Being a Martha, worrying about too many things, rather than being a Mary who chose the better part to sit at Jesus's feet.

  • To not grasp, control or dominate. It is The Lord who will deliver you. 


All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.” - 1 Samuel 17:47


"Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s." - 2 Chronicles 20:15


"Be courageous and strong, fear not, neither be cowardly neither be afraid before them; for the Lord your God that advances with you in the midst of you, neither will he by any means forsake thee, nor desert thee." Deut 31:6


“Be still, and know that I am God;" - Psalm 46:10





Comments

Popular Posts