Beholding the mystery


Isn’t this statue beautiful. It was my Grandmothers, then my Fathers and now mine.

Sacred art speaks of the mystery of heavenly things.

I love the mystery part. 

.

Sometimes it feels like I’m looking through ‘a glass dimly’ or ‘through the lattice.’

With the glimmering of a deer in a forest I see Him and follow and sometimes He seems so distant, so buried in the density of demands and distractions.

.

But along the uncompromising way suddenly a burst of light pierces the dark canopy and I’m standing in a glade with sunlight pouring through like water. And my eyes are refreshed and my sight clarified and He seems so close. Heaven seems so close even in this aching earth.

.

‘My beloved is like a roe or a young hart. Behold, he standeth behind our wall; he looketh forth at the windows, showing himself through the lattice’ - Song of Songs 2:4

Comments

Popular Posts