Spiritual Warfare - The Diary of Saint Faustina




During the Holy Hour, the Lord allowed me to taste of His Passion. I shared the bitterness of the torment which filled His soul. Jesus enabled me to know how faithful the soul must be to prayer, in spite of torment, drought and temptations, because for the most part it is on this kind of prayer that God’s plans, which are sometimes very great, depend. And if we do not persevere in this prayer, we thwart the plans that God wanted to accomplish through us, or within us. Let everyone remember these words: ‘And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly.’ (Luke22:44)

I always prolong a similar prayer, especially since this is in my power and in accordance with my duties.’ 

‘ Despite the silence of my soul, I have fought an unceasing battle against the enemy of my soul. I constantly discover his new pitfalls, and again the fight is in full swing. In peaceful times I practice and remain watchful, so that the enemy does not surprise me defenceless; and when I see his great fury, then I remain in the fortress, that is in the Holy Heart of Jesus.’

‘… as I was praying for sinners and offering all my sufferings, I experienced satan’s attacks. The spirit of evil cannot bear that prayer. And this spector said to be, ‘Do not pray for sinners but for yourself, for you shall be dammed.’ Ignoring satan, I prayed with renewed fervour for sinners. The evil spirit shouted in anger, ‘oh, if only I had power over you!’ - and he disappeared. I knew that my suffering and prayer were disturbing satan, and I snatched many souls from his clutches.

Jesus: ‘When a soul glorified my goodness, then the demon trembles at this sight and flees to the depths of hell.’

- excerpts from The Diary of Saint Faustina - taken from ‘Spiritual Warfare - The Express Lane to Union with God by Sr. Emmanuelle Maillard


“Prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone.”

― Maria Faustina Kowalska, Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska: Divine Mercy in My Soul


Comments

Popular Posts