Lent reflection




The Pharisees hearts were hardened. Like pharaoh, they were not prepared to see outside of themselves.

Jesus’s message speaks to those with open hearts, like children.

We listen too much to the words of men and they blow us this way and that like the wind. We become hardened, crystallised in our opinions and ideas.

Let’s listen to Jesus and follow Him. Let’s be simple.

The other day, I felt God say to me after I confessed my struggles and felt so mediocre, that it was right that I could do no great things for Him but that I could try to do small things well.

And concede that I can do nothing without Him. And that any good I do belongs to Him anyway and any struggle I have to do good shows me the truth of who I am and gives me the grace of compassion and forgiveness for the faults of others because I need compassion and forgiveness too.

Comments

Popular Posts